Register now for Prevention and Longevity Conference: Evidence Based Medicine For You And Your Patients
Date: Friday January 22, 2016
Objective: to support and empower family physicians and allied health care providers to promote healthy lifestyle choices for their patients.
- micronutrients and mental health
- omega 3, fatty acids and optimizing your nutrition
- gastro-intestinal health and microbiota
- the importance of sleep to promote well-being
- health benefits of mindfulness and meditation
Dr. Ann Crabtree is a local physician who will be hosting a Prevention and Longevity Conference on January 22, 2016 in Calgary at the Red and White Club. The objective of this full day educational offering is to support and empower family physicians with multiple evidence based presentations delivered by physicians to provide specific non-pharmacological recommendations to maintain health, prevent disease and where possible extend the longevity of their patients. The identified topics will also reflect furthering their development of clinical skills, enhance their knowledge and competencies to improve patient care.
The six speakers and their plenaries are as follows:
1. Dr. Bonnie Kaplan, PhD, Professor, Cumming School of Medicine, University of Calgary will present on Micro-nutrients and Mental Health.
2. Dr. John Pereira, MD, CCFP, Cumming School of Medicine, University of Calgary will present on Omega-3 Fatty Acids and optimizing your Nutrition.
3. Dr. Kevin Rioux, MD, PhD, FRCPC, Asst. Professor Cumming School of Medicine, University of Calgary will present on Gastro-Intestinal Health and Microbiota.
4. Dr. Linda Carlson, PhD, R.Psych., FRCPC, Asst. Professor Cumming School of Medicine, University of Calgary will present on The Helath Benefits of Mindfulness and Meditation.
5. Dr. Charles Samuels, MD, CCFP, DABSM, Asst. Professor, Cumming School of Medicine, University of Calgary will present on The Importance of Sleep to Promote Well-Being.
6. Dr. Bryan Kolb, PhD, MSc., BSc., Behavior Neuroscientist and Director of the Centre of Behavioral Neuroscience, University of Lethbridge will present on The Principles of Neuroplasticity.
For Registration and Brochure: http://cumming.ucalgary.ca/cme/event/2016-01-22/prevention-and-longevity-conference-evidence-based-medicine-you-and-your-patients
Click here to download the brochure
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PrmoteLongevity
The Prevention and Longevity Conference is currently under an accreditation review as a self-approved group learning activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Photo: "Humboldt Redwood Forest Single_tonemapped" by Daniel , photo cropped. Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0)