Has your rural Alberta community excelled at attracting and retaining rural physicians? Has a long-serving physician in your rural Alberta community provided outstanding medical care and made huge contributions to their community? Give your local healthcare heroes a healthy dose of recognition: Nominate them for a 2015 RPAP Award!
DEADLINE EXTENDED! Applicants now have until June 30, 2015 to submit an RPAP Award nomination.
The RPAP Awards recognize and celebrate rural Alberta physicians and communities who exhibit excellence in the delivery of healthcare to rural residents. Each year, RPAP | Health Workforce for Alberta selects recipients for the following awards:
The RPAP Alberta Rural Physician Award of Distinction
- The RPAP Award of Distinction was created in 2002 to recognize the contributions of all rural physicians, especially those ‘unsung heroes’ who provide Alberta rural communities with outstanding medical services and who also make huge contributions to medical practice and their communities.
- If your nomination is successful, RPAP will honour your healthcare hero with a professionally produced profile video, telling the story of their outstanding achievement!
- RPAP will also sponsor a celebration in your community, culminating in the presentation of the 2015 RPAP Rural Physician Award of Distinction to your healthcare hero.
The Alberta Rural Community Attraction and Retention Award
- The Alberta Rural Physician Community Attraction and Retention Award recognizes a rural Alberta community that has best developed innovative and collaborative approaches and solutions resulting in successful physician attraction and retention in their area. Communities can nominate themselves or be nominated by others.
- If your nomination is successful, RPAP will honour your community with a professionally produced video, telling the story of your community’s successful approach towards physician attraction and retention.
- Community representatives will also be honoured with an award presentation and recognition at a future RPAP event
What does it take to be a Rural Alberta Community or Physician of Distinction?
Visit www.rpap.ab.ca/awards for more information on the RPAP Awards and to access a nomination form for 2015.
You can also view profiles of our previous Rural Alberta Physicians and Communities of Distinction.
Submit your nomination package today!
All completed nomination packages may be mailed or emailed to:
The Alberta Rural Physician Action Plan Award Selection Committee
2801 Telus House, 10020 – 100 Street NW
Edmonton, AB T5J 0N3
Please note: All nominations must be submitted prior to 4:30 p.m. on June 30, 2015.
If you have any questions about RPAP Award submissions or criteria, please email RPAP Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org ; or phone 1-866-423-9911 ext. 106.
Recognize and celebrate the healthcare heroes in your rural Alberta community: Nominate them for an RPAP Award today!