RPAP's Research and Analysis team have compiled healthcare data in the following categories, and have grouped it according to the province's federal electoral districts as of the 2012 federal election, prior to the recent redistribution:
- Physician count
- Average Physician Age (est.)
- Age distribution
- 5-Year Physician Retention Rate
- Percentage of International Medical Graduates in Newcomers (Over 5 Years)
- Origin of 2014 physicians
- Physicians per 100,000 Inhabitants
- Percentage of International Medical Graduates in Physician Cohort (Current Physician)
This week we profile the Peace River rural federal riding, situated in northwestern Alberta. The infographic above provides a statistical overview of the landscape of rural health in Peace River as of March 1, compared with the rural Alberta and provincial averages.
RPAP | Health Workforce for Alberta supports Alberta's rural practitioners, their families and communities in improving the quality of rural health care by offering comprehensive, integrated initiatives to enhance rural medical services, education, attraction, recruitment, and retention.
For further information, contact RPAP Research & Analysis at 780-423-9911 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.