Register now for Essential Strategies for Chronic Pain Management, hosted by University of Calgary, Cumming School of Medicine, Office of Continuing Medical Education and Professional Development.
The intent of the course is for learners to:
- gain sufficient knowledge of the physiological, anatomical and psychological mechanisms of pain to be able to explain it in plain language to patients
- know how to assess the biological, psychological and socio-economic aspects of pain
- acquire some useful tips for managing patients with chronic pain in a primary care setting; including communication skills, medication management and basic counselling skills
- become aware of the resources available in the community to support patients with chronic pain
- practice interviewing, physical examination and treatment skills
For more information or to register, please click here.