MCAP Online Plus is seeking Preceptors in Rural Alberta locations to help expose IMGs to Rural Medicine, and to provide them with the tools and resources to successfully integrate into the Alberta Healthcare System.
Preceptor Work Placement Details:
Dates: Between May 15th to July 31st
*Note: Days and times will vary as they are based on the availability of the preceptor and participant
Total Hours: 96-100
Preceptor Honorarium: $2,000 per participant
For more information, contact:
Deidre Lake, Director
MCAP Online Plus has been made possible with funding from the Government of Alberta and is offered in collaboration with Rural Physician Action Plan (RPAP)
About MCAP Online Plus
The aim of the Medical Communication Assessment Program (MCAP) is to advance the professional integration of immigrant IMGs into the Alberta Healthcare system through an online instructional component and a workplace component. The program provides participants with a foundation in patient centred care and the communication and intercultural skills needed for successful integration.
MCAP Online Modules:
- An Introduction to Patient-Centred Care
- Giving Advice & Including the Patient in the Management Plan
- Dealing with Teenagers
- Dealing with Difficult Patients
- Breaking Bad News
- Medical Ethics
- Preparing for the OSCE: Techniques, Tips & Strategies
- Preparing for the Mini Multiple Interview (MMI): Techniques, Tips & Strategies
- Collaborative Care, Teamwork, and Conflict Resolution
- Integrating Successfully into Rural Practice
Visit https://communicate2integrate.ca/ for more details on MCAP Online Plus for Rural Alberta.
Click here to download a Preceptor information flyer.