What to Include with Your Application
1. An outline of the proposed training, the purpose of the training, and its need within the Region.
2. A list of training objectives and a copy of your updated curriculum vitae and work experience.
3. Length of time you plan to devote to this training (the minimum length of time funded is 2 weeks; the maximum is 52 weeks) and proposed training dates.
4. A written commitment to return to rural practice in Alberta after the Enrichment training is completed.
5. A letter of support from a Medical Leader of Alberta Health Services that AHS recognizes a need for this particular training and that the Authority is willing to provide the resources - staff, equipment, OR time, etc. - for you to practice the new skills in order to serve the medical needs of the Region.
6. If your new skills will change your present privileges, include an indication that you have sent a letter of intention to the Zone Application Review Committee via Zone Medical Affairs, c/o RhPAP, stating what you would like to do.
7. Acknowledgement of your willingness to participate in any evaluation of your training and the Enrichment program.
8. An indication that you have been in touch with Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) to make sure your insurance is in order and that you have contacted the Rural Locum Program if locum coverage is required.
Click here to access an application for the Peter K. Lindsay Enrichment Program.
Want to apply?
If you are interested in applying for the Peter K. Lindsay Enrichment Training Program, discuss your training request with an RhPAP Skills Broker.More